Christian blogger Adrian Warnock has come up with a ten point plan for quelling the London riots. He adds an eleventh point ‘Pray for London’ and concludes, ‘May God deliver our nation, and use this crisis as an opportunity to call many to himself’.
Here are the ten points – see Adrian’s blog for the details.
1. We must declare a state of emergency and call in the army to the streets of the UK.
2. The rules of engagement must be immediately and publicly changed.
3. RIM Blackberry must immediately and publicly close down their BBM instant messaging service in this country.
4. Arrest anyone who has incited to violence on Twitter, Facebook or elsewhere online.
5. A police website should be set up for members of the public to upload photographs and video of the looters.
6. Sensible Community leaders from all areas such as my pastor should be given opportunities to address the nation via our news channels.
7. Road blocks should be placed around key commercial areas and access to them be controlled.
8. Petrol stations must be immediately required not to sell petrol in cans.
9. A website should be set up for requests for help, and offers of help to be exchanged
10. A clear declaration should be made by the government of who is in charge of the ongoing security operations and how different services will be co-ordinated.